If you have noticed your teeth look too long or your tooth roots are becoming visible, it’s a sure sign that your gums are receding. In addition to impacting the beauty of your smile, your oral health is at risk too. By visiting us for gum recession treatment in Burlington, you can:
- Avoid further gum loss and potential bone loss
- Protect your tooth roots from decay
- Brush and floss without pain or sensitivity
- Regain your confidence in your smile
Stop your gums from receding any further by calling 336-347-4195 for an appointment.
Mend Your Gumline With a Gum Recession Procedure
There are a variety of causes for your receding gumline, such as hard brushing, genetics, or tobacco use. Gum disease is one of the more common causes, and gum loss is one of the symptoms. During an examination, if we notice signs of an infection in your gums, we’ll use a deep cleaning procedure to restore your gum health.
However, that still leaves the problem of your gum recession. To resolve this issue, we can perform a procedure called gum grafting that uses tissue from inside of your mouth or a donor to cover up the areas of gum loss.
While we use a needle-free anesthetic to make sure it’s a comfortable process, we can also offer you sedation too. You can choose laughing gas, oral sedation, or IV sedation, depending on your comfort level needs.
Practice Good Oral Care at Home for Better Dental Health
If you’d like to avoid issues like gum disease and gum recession, you’ll want to prioritize your oral hygiene routine at home. We have a few tips for you to keep in mind:
- Use a soft bristle toothbrush so you avoid scraping your enamel and being too harsh on your gumline.
- Brush twice a day for two minutes using gentle circular motions on your teeth.
- Use floss, toothpaste, and a mouthwash with the ADA seal of approval. Look for products with fluoride, which helps protect your teeth and gums from bacteria.
- Cut down on the sugar your eat. Instead, add fruits, vegetables, calcium, whole grains, and lean proteins to your diet.
- Drink water throughout the day so you rinse away food particles and bacteria that cause disease.
In addition, visit us twice a year for regular cleanings and exams. We like to handle problems when they are small so you avoid problems like receding gums.
For gum recession treatment in Burlington, call 336-347-4195 for an appointment.