Your gums play an important role in your oral health. They protect your teeth against harmful bacteria and act as the support system to hold your teeth in place. When your gumline is receding, whether it’s due to gum disease or aging, your smile doesn’t look attractive. But even worse, you expose yourself to potential dental health issues. Our gum recession treatment in High Point will:
- Stop your gums from pulling away from your teeth
- Help you avoid bone and tooth loss
- Alleviate your discomfort and tooth sensitivity
- Increase your confidence in your oral health
If you want to get a handle on your receding gums, call 336-444-6608 for an appointment.
Improve Your Gum Health by Repairing Your Gumline
Receding gums can be a sign of a fairly serious problem. While gums can recede due to hard brushing or aging, recession can also indicate a more advanced form of gum disease. Whether you notice it at home or we spot it during your examination, if you show signs of gum recession, your dentist will see if you need treatment for a periodontal infection.
However, even after treatment, it’s important to have healthy gums to safeguard your smile from further damage or infection. Your dentist can perform a gum grafting procedure that will replenish your gumline. We’ll graft tissue from inside of your mouth or donor tissue over your receding gums.
For this procedure, we’ll ensure you are relaxed as possible. We use a needle-free anesthetic to numb the area, and you can choose one of our three forms of sedation to give you a sense of calm throughout your treatment.
Maintain Healthy Gums With Proper Oral Care
The best way to protect your gums is through proper oral care practices. Here are a few tips to keep in mind at home:
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and make gentle circular motions while you brush your teeth.
- Brush for at least two minutes twice a day and floss at least once.
- Choose a toothpaste, floss, and mouthwash with the ADA seal of approval. Ideally your toothpaste and mouthwash should contain fluoride, which protects against bacteria and gum disease.
- Reduce the amount of sugar you consume and focus on a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and calcium.
- Drink water throughout the day. In addition to keeping you hydrated, it rinses away bacteria and food particles in your mouth.
Be sure to also visit us twice a year for regular cleanings and exams. We can stay ahead of oral health problems when they are small, so you avoid issues like a receding gumline.
For gum recession treatment in High Point, call 336-444-6608 to make an appointment. We have appointment times as early as 7 a.m.!