Gum Disease Treatment
Boost Your Oral Health With Burlington Gum Disease Treatment
Without you realizing it, gum disease can sneak up on you. The initial mild symptoms often go unnoticed, which is why seeing us for your regular cleanings and exams is so important. If we notice the signs, we’ll be able to treat it in the early stages. Whether we spot it during your checkup or you recognize symptoms at home, our gum disease treatment in Burlington will:
- Prevent tooth loss, common in the advanced stages of gum disease
- Keep your smile attractive and healthy-looking
- Eliminate bad breath and other symptoms
- Protect your oral health and overall health
- Stop the discomfort you have brushing and flossing at home
Schedule an appointment today.
Restore Your Healthy Gums With Deep Cleaning
It’s important to stay on top of your gum health. Gum disease can often lead to more serious issues, including tooth loss, bone loss, gum recession, and an increased risk for heart disease or stroke. When you come to see us for periodontal treatment, your dentist will do a thorough examination to confirm the scope of the disease. Then we will do a procedure called scaling and root planing to bring back your healthy gums. Here’s how it works:
- We’ll numb the area of infection using a needle-free anesthetic. You can also request sedation if you’d like. You can choose laughing gas, oral sedation, or IV sedation.
- Your dentist or hygienist will eliminate the plaque, tartar, and bacteria around and under your gum line (scaling).
- Next we’ll smooth out your tooth roots to protect your gums from further infection (root planing).
We’ll typically have you return in a few months so we can monitor the health of your gums. We want you to always feel relaxed in our care. So in addition to sedation, we offer comforting amenities so you feel at home. For example, you can watch TV or listen to music while we work. You can also enjoy a complimentary beverage before your appointment.
If you recognize symptoms such as swollen or red gums, bleeding when you brush or floss, gums sensitive to the touch, or bad breath, visit us right away for gum disease treatment in Burlington. Schedule an appointment today. With our hours as early as 7 a.m., you can schedule a visit in the early morning hours before you start your day.